Fall Snack Recipe: "Crack Bark"
Surprise your date with a special homemade treat. This salted chocolate pretzel toffee is as delicious and addictive as it sounds - and super easy to make!
Mini pretzels, broken into smaller pieces (as many as it takes to cover your pan)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 cups (1 12-oz bag) chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 11" x 17" jelly roll pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cover the pan in a layer of broken mini pretzels.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. When the mixture starts to gently simmer and bubble, let it cook that way for 3 minutes. (Don't stir!)
4. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the pretzels.
5. Bake for 5 minutes.
6. Place the pan on a cooling rack, and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Wait for about 2 minutes until the chocolate melts. Spread the chocolate over the toffee using a spatula. Sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Let the toffee cool completely, and break it into pieces. (To speed up the cooling process, you can place thep an of toffee in the refrigerator or freezer.)
Posted on Mon, September 22, 2014